For three years now, Greyson Morris has been managing his late Uncle’s restaurant, “The Black Forest” which has not been going as smoothly as he’d anticipated. With the rent climbing and the restaurant’s finances straining for profits, Greyson struggles to keep the restaurant afloat and prove himself as a competent boss, which is failing miserably. To make matters worse, he’s caught his employees letting a homeless wolf get away with dining and dashing on multiple occasions...but when he finally confronts the culprit in the act, he recognizes him as someone from his distant past—except this is not exactly a warm reunion. However, due to bizarre and particular circumstances, Greyson and the wolf find themselves working together to figure out the answer to a question: Is there really such a thing as coincidences?
Genres: Romance, Comedy, Crime/Mystery
Age: 31 years old
Nobody expected him to get the Black Forest in his Uncle’s will. With not much going for his life, Greyson decided to take over as the restaurant’s owner despite the hesitation from his entire family. Although he has a good relationship with his employees, he tends to be a walking doormat purely because his management skills are not the greatest.
Age: ...Early 40s??
A mysterious and scruffy looking wolf. Apparently, he’s homeless.
Age: 35 years old
The Black Forest’s head chef. He’s dependable and has a good sense of humor—that is, when he's actually having a good time. As the head chef, he’s got the entire dining experience weighing on his shoulders, and tends to internalize that with occasional moodiness and misery.
Age: 20 years old
Outspoken and doesn’t hold anything back, Bianca is a waitress who was hired by Greyson. Although she’s prone to capricious outbursts, her empathetic tendencies always seem to prevail.
- This visual novel is not a dating sim. There’s only one love interest, and currently as of writing it, the actual romance burns pretty slowly. For right now it’s a linear VN, and eventually once I figure out all the odds and ends of the plot I might consider adding choices and plan for alternate paths, as long as I don't overcomplicate it for myself.
- My plan is to release a new build either every month or every two months, it depends on how long it takes to finalize the build and if there's new art that needs to be done (since there's a lot more characters/CGs as the story continues forward). I'll be sure to keep you all updated!
- I'm not sure how I want to approach support/donations at the moment. The idea of putting together a patreon is a little daunting for me right now (but I might try to make one in the future). For the meantime, you can donate an amount via the itch.io downloads if you feel inclined to help. I’ll be updating all the development progress on twitter. Donations would go towards funding for music commissions and hiring an editor, and perhaps translations in the future as well. And also, full disclosure: This project might take a while to get finished, and I also can't guarantee that the finished game will be completely free, but when it comes to that, I'll let you all know about any plans I might have with the full release.
- This story will contain gay romance. This is not a game intended for minors. The current build is suitable for an audience of 16+, but I have plans for the full game to be rated 18+ due to language, sexual content and mature themes.
- There is currently no android build, but hopefully I can learn how to work through building one in the next few months, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
- Lastly, feel free to let me know your thoughts, and let me know if there's any issue with the file/download. Thanks!